Our Story

Empowering mining for a sustainable future

Minerals Development Oman SAOC is a closed joint-stock company registered under the Commercial Companies Law of the Sultanate of Oman. The Company is 76.8% owned by Oman Investment Authority “OIA” and the other 23.2% is owned by Oman National Investment Company “TANMIA”.

The Company was established with a clear strategic vision to unleash the potential of the mining sector by investing directly in or enabling various projects across a range of material commodities and value chains, to generate sustainable returns for its shareholders, Oman, and its people.

MDO's primary role is to invest in exploration activities, develop upstream and downstream projects targeting multiple strategic minerals, and attract reputed national and international mining and mineral development players to drive the commercialization of Oman's prodigious mineral resources.

The Company operates in concession areas of about 21.955 sq.km close to logistic infrastructures, sources of energy, and vibrant ports which connect Oman with 86 ports in 40 countries around the world.

MDO is proud to support Oman's 2040 vision, as the strategy is geared toward creating long-term value for the Sultanate by supporting the socio-economic progress of the nation, notably through creating employment opportunities, building local capacity, promoting local content, and In-Country Value, and GDP growth.

Being the mining leader in the Sultanate, MDO will continue to multiply its exploration portfolio size and achieve high-level performance across the industry's value chain to generate sustainable financial returns.

Sustainability is at the heart of MDO's strategy. The Company is committed to engaging efficiently with the community, managing its resources safely, and having a transparent relationship with its stakeholders, business partners, and communities in which it operates.







All copyrights are preserved to Minerals Development Oman SAOC 2023