Projects Control Manager
||Head of Projects Development
Establish project control processes, procedures, systems, and tools for all projects under the MDO portfolio to identify, monitor, and mitigate risk factors that could impact the success of a project. Responsible for developing a reporting structure, process, and project dashboard to share the related project information with stakeholders. Provide guidance and consultation to all projects undertaken by MDO and its subsidiaries and ensure compliance and implementation of project controls procedures and timely reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and ensure implementation of project control processes, procedures, systems, and tools in order to facilitate the processes of project monitoring under the MDO portfolio.
- Develop a reporting structure, and dashboard for all projects under the MDO portfolio and ensure timely reporting to MDO executive management and stakeholders such as OIA.
- Develop an Early Warning System (EWS) to detect the potential cause of failure in projects and act in sufficient time.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and baseline Guidelines for all MDO subsidiaries, and oversight of schedule development and maintenance in Primavera and Microsoft Project according to the WBS Guidelines.
- Develop Extension of Time Procedures and review and approve all EOT requests.
- Review and monitor the project execution plan and Interface the schedule with the project budget.
- Provides leadership in terms of Project Controls activities such as Planning, Schedule Development, budgeting, Change Management, Forecasting, Cost Estimating, Progress Tracking, Trends, and Claims. Provides leadership and guidance for the analysis of cost & planning efforts/reports.
- Assist management, project managers, and colleagues to understand and accept scheduling concepts, theory, and alternative approaches in scheduling project activities.
- At the completion of the project, develop and ensure the recording of the project’s historical cost information and “lessons learned” for future use.
- Review and comment on EOT requests from consultants/ contractors and provide recommendations to the procurement team.
- Ensure that project controls documents for subsidiaries' projects under MDO such as construction schedules, resources histogram, reporting systems, commodity database, material controls systems, etc. are fully developed & implemented by the designated personnel and reviewed by Construction Management and that engineering & procurement activities are properly interfaced.
- Review the status of projects (at different stages) continuously and keep the MDO management apprised of the progress and highlight any risks and issues.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when directed by the HOD.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Construction Management.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Additional certification in Risk, Cost, Planning, and Contract Management is a plus.
- Certification in Cost Control CCC/CCE or Scheduling (PSP) is an advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Project Controls with expertise in setting a project controls system and managing a portfolio of large projects.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven track record of experience as a Project Controls Manager on large capital projects.
- Experience in setting a project control processes, procedures, and project reporting systems.
- Experience in assessing Extension of Time claims, including concurrent delays.
- Expert understanding of Project Controls Processes and Procedures, including Cost, Schedule, Risk Management, and Change Management.
- Expert understanding the application of Project Controls Procedures, including Cost, Schedule, and Change Management.
- Experience with Cost Management applications and interface management with ERP.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including acting as an independent assessor.
- Team player with the ability to lead a multinational, multi-dimensional organization.
- Experience in leading and training a Project Controls team.
- Expert in Project and Program Management software tools (P6, SAP/Oracle…).
- If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, send your resumes to email@example.com
Please note that the deadline for submission is Tuesday, June 6th, 2023